Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks Mom

So my Mom was in India for three weeks recently and just got back on Friday. She was really ready to come home, and I went over to my parents house right after work so that a good ol' American, non-curry meal was ready when they arrived. It was nice to see Mom, she was thrilled to be home, and she of course had a few small gifts for everyone. After dinner she gave some out and told Dad and I what she got everyone else. Dad got some coasters and a silk tie, I think Katie got a candleholder as well as some stuff for Carter, and I got a decorative mask, candlholder, and a handmade learning book for my son or daughter. They were really nice and I know that.....WAIT, WHAT?!?!? What was that last thing!?!?!? She got me a book FOR MY KID!?!?!?

I am not sure what happened over there in India, if she had a bad batch of Punjabi Dal Makhani or what, but I think she's missing a key part of me possibly having a kid...you know, a mother. Now not that I don't try on the weekends to do what it takes to have a child, it's just that I am never succesful at it (don't you worry Mom!!!) On a side note, I'm not sure if the parents would be too thrilled if the mother of their grandchild is Tiffini Ann the cocktail waitress at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. But that's a whole other story.

So I tell Mom thanks for the gifts, but that I hope the book wouldn't fall apart by the time I have a kid. She explained that it would hold up and she didn't want my kid to be left out, whenever that time comes. So I kinda understood, and all was well, until Momma Sue then says, "and don't forget that we still have a black pearl that your Dad got in Tahiti for whoever you marry."

Thanks again for reminding me how single I am. So for all you ladies out there, I have a good job, own my car, own my house, have no debt, and I have a black pearl waiting for you and a book waiting for our child. Matt Mac Marriage, Inc., now taking applications. And you better hurry up, Mom's getting restless.

2 comments:

*Heather* said...

Oh Matthew dont you worry- some wonderful woman is just going to accidently type in the wrong url, come across this blog and find how charming you are and fall madly in love-.....you just wait! Ps- your my fave :)

Anonymous said...

hi matt mac, i would like to fill out an application!! I don't have a job, don't own a car, have debt, and I like black pearls (if you know what I mean... ;)