Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Musings #1

For some reason I realized something very strange about myself, in relation to what I notice about the ladies. Of course when I first see a girl, I will notice the usual things (I won't even mention what they are, but I'm sure you can figure it out). Anyways, i realized that the first thing I notice after the usual things are their shoes. WTF? How did this happen? It's not like I have a thing for shoes or anything. Heck, I got a new pair of shoes for Christmas and it was my first new pair in a few years. Now, here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

-A few months ago I was talking to my friend Carrie Beth Grice Wood, or CBGW, and we were talking about one of her girl friends. Anyways, it got brought up what my thoughts on her were, and without thinking the first thing out of my mouth was "she always has nice shoes." She's a cute girl and all, and that was my number one thought of her. Hmm.

- Last month at work it was about 5:30 and I was still slaving away, and I had a question for my friend/co-worker/sh*t talking partner Logan. When I go to talk to her I immediately asked her if she meant to wear one black and one dark brown shoe. I then realized that could be seen as an offensive comment by some women, but since our relationship pretty much consists of making fun of each other (as well as quoting Dumb and Dumber), it was fair game. Anyhoo, she had been at work since 8 am, works closely with 5 other women in her cube area, and I was the very first person to notice.

- There's a girl that coaches a different team for the same volleyball club that I coach for, and we have the same practice time on Tuesday nights. I don't know much about her, just that her name is Katie, she has a great smile, and I always thought she was at least pretty much good looking. Oh, that and the head coach she works with is an annoying biyatch. So last week at practice, I for some reason realized that she (Katie, not the biyatch) was really good looking. After a minute or two I realized what had swayed me: she had on nice shoes. Not just nice Nike Shox (white w/ green shox and trim), but it also coordinated with her jacket. **SIDE NOTE** So here is a girl that I talk/flirt with once a week for a few minutes, she is good looking, has nice shoes, takes the time to coordinate her outfits, we have at least the volleyball thing in common, and I have no idea anything else about her, such as if she's single. I need to get off my ass and look into these things. Carpe Nikegirl.

And here is the final thing that made me realize I have an add ability to notice girls shoes...

-Sometime late November/Early December I met a girl out and we actually started talking quite a bit and went on a few dates. Now, I wasn't head over heels or anything, and I reached the point where I need to make a decision of whether to continue things with her or realize things were going nowhere. There were pros (good looking, understood my sense of humor, a Democrat) and cons (she was boring, and....well, she was boring). So what made me decide to end things? Her choice of footwear. I noticed that every single time I saw her, she was wearing the same pair of white Sketchers. Not even nice leather go-out Sketchers, but kinda old, slightly dirly tennis shoe Sketchers. Now this would have bugged me no matter what, but it was compounded by the fact that she wore these on dates. Including the first date. Ladies, seriously, who wears crappy shoes on a date, especially the first one? The answer to that question is girls who will soon get dumped by Matt Mac.

What does this say about me? Here are some options:
1) I'm gay.
2) I am too observant for my own good.
3) I'm way too picky about girls.
4) All of the above.
5) 2 and 3

If you said 1 or 4, go f**k yourself. I believe the correct answer is 5, but who knows.

Other than that, life is peachy, except for all of those things that I constantly bitch about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matty, you are way too funny & I totally would've chosen #5 too :) I love reading your blog!!! Keep em coming.