Sunday, September 28, 2008

Random Update

Sorry for taking so long between posts, I really have no excuse except that I'm lazy. Here's an update on what's going on in my life, plus a few random thoughts.
- What's worse than failing at dating? Failing at online dating. I went on a second date last week with this chick Shannon, and it did not go well. I was having a hard time explaining why I wasn't interested at all, but when I would then mention that she had 4 cats and admitted her apartment kinda smelled and had cat hair everywhere, that summed it up. Now if she looked like Erin Andrews and had 4 cats I wouldn't care at all, but she looked more like, uh, I can't think of anything creative here, she just wasn't all that cute. Plus her arms were bigger than mine, which is a sad assesment of both of us.
- The same night as my sad-ass date, my 6 month subscription to match.com expired, and I didn't renew. So I'm a fucking online dating loser. I'm eating a bag of Funyons and a pint of Ben and Jerry's while watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants as we speak.
- So my good friend Fish is trying to hook me up with one of her coworkers. No, not one of her coworkers from her job as a lawyer, but her side job as a waitress at a BBQ joint. Oh, so she's another waitress? No, she's a hostess, like 19 or 20 years old. Now I went up there tonight to get a carry out order and scope her out, and she actually seemed really nice and was cute. She might only be 19, but she looks at least 17. Wait a second... But I hear she reads at a sophmore level (a few of you might get that joke. Van Wilder. Look it up.)
So if I take out a 19 year old what do we do? Go Bowling? Mini-Golf? Chucky Cheeses? A movie? Can she even get in to rated R movies? Seriously, a whole date that doesn't involve drinks...this could be weird. Maybe I'll confiscate an ID from a young blonde that I card at the bar, and presto, she has a fake ID.
- Why does anyone ever go to Arby's and get anything besides the 5 for $5.95 deal? For about the same price you can get a roast beef combo meal, so one sandwich, an order of fries, and a drink. Or get the 5 for 5.95 deal and you get 3 sandwiches and fries and a drink. Or 2 sandwiches, fries, a desert, and a drink. Or you do what I do and get 4 sandwiches, onion straws, and a water. Bam, two meals for $5.95.
- I've realized that the sound of someone eating an apple might be the most annowing sound ever. I don't even eat an apple off the core anymore myself, I cut it up at work with a plastic knife on a styrofoam plate (which is a special talent I must say), just so I don't run the risk of annoying myself.
- Dammit, I have two cats right now. Does that make me the weird creepy cat dude? One's only a loner cat that I'm watching for a friend until January, so I think I'm still somewhat normal.

I'm tired and going to bed. Holla at you all later.

4 comments:

Mommy K said...

You crack me up. Sooooo a 19 year old...that's about as pathetic as I would expect from you at this point. Good luck, anyway. Love you. Maybe you should move here to the Quad Cities and have a whole new batch of women to try with...just a thought.

Carrie said...

Nicole told me she was going to set you up with the Smokehouse girl(who I love by the way and she's cute as a bug) but she's 19!!!!! Nicole thought she turned 21 in December but it's only 20. Nicole said, "Matt has a lot of house parties!" as if that would make up for you not getting to take her out to a bar... Keep looking!
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

well, if your history of being able to get fake ID's for people holds, that won't suceed either.

Robyn said...

I love your blog Matt...if I had the slightest clue how to get one of those like thingies on the side of my blog, I totally would...but I was blond for 27 or my 28 years and some of those old clueless ways still follow me...Maybe I will figure it out eventually.
Good luck with the 19 year old.
You know, age is just a number...
I mean you were both in elementary school together for 1 year.