Friday, September 5, 2008

Thoughts on Palin

I usually don't get all political, but the following is a reprint from a family email I sent out, and Carl requested that I post it on here. Soon after this, we all got banned from political talk in the family email chains. I guess the GOPers don't want to hear about what flawed...err, different... logic they have.

I think usually the VP pick doesn't really matter much, it's kinda like getting free oil changes when you buy a car. Sure it's nice, but that shouldn't sway your decision on what car to buy. However since McCain is old as dirt and has had some health issues, I think it comes a little more into play this time around.

First, I feel extrememly sorry for Bristol Palin for getting thrown into the spotlight, I hope she can handle it. One thing I question though is that if Sarah Palin is such a family person, then why would she run for a demanding job when she has a 5 month old child with disabilities and a 17 year old pregnant daughter? I know she'll be able to get the best nannies around, but there's no way she can be that involved in those kids lives as VP. On the same note, if the Palins want privacy for their daughter, then they need to keep her private herself. You can't complain about it and then have the daughter and the baby daddy pose for photo ops with McCain and put them on stage. Here's a link to what I think is a good article about the issue.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cvn_measure_of_a_nation_palin_family_politics

Second, here's a video of Palin giving a speach a few months ago to her former church. If you start listening at about the 3 minute mark or so, she refers to the war in Iraq as "Gods War." That right there is friggin scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1vPYbRB7k&eurl=http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=3845739

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vice presidents are like oil changes? Freaking hilarious! Seriously. How do you think of this crap? And who could possibly disagree with that?