Saturday, July 5, 2008

Rockfest

A few weeks back I went to Rockfest, a huge all day long festival put on by 98.9, the local hard rock station. I had actually bought a ticket, but at the last minute my friend/Howl boss Jake had a free ticket for me, plus passes to the 98.9 tent and the Miller Light tent. So I went for free, had free food and beer, and a special raised stage to watch everything from. The bands on the main stage were Another Animal, Trapt, Chevelle, Saliva, Sevendust, Shinedown, and the reunited Stone Temple Pilots as the headliner. Another Animal was blah, Trapt was really good but their sound equipment was messed up, Chevelle was awesome, we didn't pay attention to Saliva and just ate and drank, Sevendust pissed us off by not playing a single on of their hits, Shinedown rocked it, and Stone Temple Pilots were incredible.

I thought I'd start off with an edited version of a girl flashing. While there weren't as many boobs being shown as we thought there might be, there were still a few white trash ladies willing to show what their momma gave them to 50,000 people. Classy.

Jake (high schoo friend/boss/got us the free tickets and passes), Lugo, Minks (both high school friends) and me. This is at the 98.9 tent, drinking our free beer and standing on the platform so you could see over the crowd.
We all went into the crowd for STP, and Jake and I managed to work our way up to the second row. Here's their guitar player with the smoke and light surrounding him in a cool way.
Scott Weiland, STP's lead singer and noted drug addict, towards the end of the set. The band sounded amazing live and I knew about 75% of their songs. They interact with the crowd a lot which is cool, but Weiland did sound amazingly strung out when he would talk between songs.


No comments: