Saturday, July 5, 2008

P&L and Alex Gordon

These pics are pretty old, but here's some pics of me and some of my boys out at Power and Light District, which is where I work for my side job.

From left is Killa (my summer roomate), me, Shane (college friend) and Lugo (high school friend). This is at Howl at the Moon where I work.
Here's a pic of the "Living Room" area of P&L. All of the bars form a giant courtyard in the middle that is covered by a huge roof. There's a stage where they have free concerts, and then different areas to sit as well as outdoor bars. It's cool because you can go down there and hang out and not even go into an actual bar.
Here I am with Alex Gordon, future All-Star for the Royals. He's their starting 3rd baseman and was the number 2 pick in the draft a few years back (i.e. he's a multi-millionare). Anyways, he came up to the bar right next to me to get a drink and we chatted for a minute or two. He was a laid back guy, he was there with some of his friends from his hometown and his wife. He actually joked to me asking if he could order an 86oz bucket of Jack and Coke (we sell these buckets of girly drinks), and I told him I worked there and he actually could get one. After he placed his order I asked if he got one, he said no, and I called him a p*ssy. So yeah, I called Alex Gordon a p*ssy. I offered him a shot too, but he passed since he had a day game the next day. His exact response was "I have to play at 1 tomorrow, I'm getting drunk but not that drunk." GO ROYALS!!! Oh, and in the picture he looks wasted but he really wasn't, it's just a bad pic.

No comments: