Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yard Work, My Cat Is Weird, and the Match.com Girl

First things first: I'll give you all an update on Lara, aka the Match.com girl. Things were going pretty well, I think I told everyone that I even cooked her dinner. Well she was out of town all that weekend, then I went to her place for the first time last Monday, nothing too special, but things seemed good. Then all last week she seemed kinda shady. Not super shady, just not acting like you do when you are interested in someone. She didn't return my calls/texts a few nights, but she randomly texted me Friday night (though I think she was drunk). We didn't talk Saturday, barely talked Sunday and she seemed weird, so I was about ready to give up hope. But then this week has been totally fine. So as you can tell, I over-analyze everything. I also have no idea if things are moving anywhere, as nothing is that bad but nothing seems to be progressing. Ah well, not like I have anyone...errr, I mean anthing....else to do right now. She was supposed to come over tonight but she got out of work really late (and lives over 30 minutes away), but she invited me out with her friends on Friday night. To be continued...

The big news right now is that I'm starting a new landscaping/yardwork project. My sump-pump pipe has been screwed up for a while, so my backyard was a swampy shithole. Last weekend Killa and I (yes, I'm doing this whole thing while I have free labor) finally started and fixed the pipe, as well as lowering it and extending it. We think we might not have gone far enough, but we will see. Below are some "before" pics for you all, and hopefully my lazy ass will get around to having the "after" pics done in the next week or so.

Here's the view facing the back of my condo. The pipe used to only go out to about to the edge of the stairs, although the pipe was busted only about 3 feet out from the house, so that whole area would flood bad. You can see where we dug a trench and extended the pipe. We also buried the gutter drain so it now goes down that way instead of draining into the area where I'm going to put down the new garden/rock/grill area. What the hell do you call it when it's not really a patio, but I'm not really going to have a bunch of plants? On the side of the house you can see the pavers and lawn bricks as well. I got all of these used from my parents and grandma, which got me to actually do this project.
Here's the view from the side. All of this area under the deck and between the stairs and house will be the garden decorative rock things (once again don't know the technical term), and then it will extend a few feet closer to where I am taking this picture, with a semi-circle to the right of the stairs/deck out into the yard. I'll put pavers down right next to each other to form a mini patio area between the stairs and house to put my grill (trust me, the are is bigger than it looks), and the in the area closest to the camera in this picture will have the pavers act like stepping stones, with the rocks in between. I'll be tearing out the concrete pad and have pavers there as well.
After all of our hard work doing the pipe work, Killa and I decided to have a beer. OK, so the mugs actually held like 3 beers. But we deserved it, we worked hard.
The following pics are just to show that my cat is freakin' one of a kind. Here he is sleeping, and no he's not lying down. He was just sitting up, but instead of lying down he just bent down, put his head on the ground, and fell asleep. He's done this a couple of times now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can i wipe out windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops native software?
I suffer with recently bought a used laptop that is old. The mortal physically I had bought it from had installed windows xp on it, indeed yet it originally came with windows Me. I want to remove the windows xp because it runs slows on the laptop because it takes up more thought than the windows Me would. Also I wish to unseat windows xp because it is an wrongful copy. So when I tried to ass updates on it, windows would not initiate updates because the windows xp is not genuine. [URL=http://zxrengh.hostific.com]aico living room ships canada[/URL]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers :

It's better to scram [URL=http://leuqaua.hostific.com/tvr-griffith-400-for-sale.html]tvr griffith 400 for sale[/URL] Windows XP and good upgrade your laptop. It's much better. [URL=http://xoqzfgh.hostific.com/g-postmessage-order-guest-remember.html]g postmessage order guest remember[/URL] In addition, Windows XP is style [URL=http://ltufakb.hostific.com/james-c-strozier.html]james c strozier[/URL] heartier then Windows Me. Windows Me is out and many programs that can run with XP, can't [URL=http://yfyawde.hostific.com/non-denomination-churches-near-downtown-houston.html]non denomination churches near downtown houston[/URL] vamoose with Me.
------------------------------
all you take to do is interject the windows me disk into the cd drive. then reboot your laptop, when the resentful [URL=http://kouuvvs.hostific.com/marine-mammal-noise-behavior.html]marine mammal noise behavior[/URL] screen with all the info comes up and when it asks u to boot from cd [URL=http://ihzkizm.hostific.com/perry-schroeder-310.html]perry schroeder 310[/URL] hit any latchkey when it tells you to then instal from there !!! I RECOMEND SINCE ITS AN ILLEAGLE TWIN TO WIPE [URL=http://igeifea.hostific.com/alexis-phifer.html]alexis phifer[/URL] OUT OF THE CLOSET THE [URL=http://xoqzfgh.hostific.com/gaffe-on-tonight-show-obama.html]gaffe on tonight show obama[/URL] TOTAL MAGISTERIAL GOAD WHEN IT ASKS YOU WHICH UNDENIABLE [URL=http://zgllmuz.hostific.com/jet-1642-banjo.html]jet 1642 banjo[/URL] PUSH TO INSTALL IT ON. THEN SUM UP ALL THE UNUSED SPACE ON THE EMPTY [URL=http://dfizone.hostific.com/tarrant-county-appraisal-district.html]tarrant county appraisal district[/URL] URGENTLY SPUR ONTO A BRAND-NEW COLUMN SETTING, IT INCLINATION LOOK LIKE C:/ Exposed or something like that