Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Swear I've Been Busy

OK Folks, I want to apologize for me sucking at putting up new posts, but I'll try my best to play catch up and post a bunch of new stuff. I've been out of town for a wedding and then a float trip (where we weren't even able to float), plus I started my new side job, plus I've had multiple dates. No, that wasn't a typo. Multiple dates. Here's a rundown of what's going on in my life.

- My good friend from college, Killa (aka Adam Kalie-something really Hawaiian) moved in with me for a summer. No, I didn't play volleyball with him, and he's not actually from Hawaii (grew up in DC, and he's one of two Hawaiians in the country to play ice hockey, with the other one being his brother). Anyways, I'm cutting him a deal and only charging him $100 a month because he's still in school and is paying rent at his place in Lamoni. I bet you have a few questions, like "is he your age Matt?" Yes he is. "Oh, is he working on his doctorate" No. As the quote from Tommy Boy goes, "A lot of people go to college for 7 years." "Yeah, they're called doctors."
- I started my job at Howl at the Moon, working twice a week. It's actually pretty fun, and they have really tight security at the Power and Light district, so my job's pretty easy. But man are drunk people dumb and annoying. I'm glad I know I'm not like that at all when I go out. Right?
- On to what you all have been waiting for...I've gone on a plethora of dates lately!!! OK, so one wasn't even really a date, as she was gracious enough to let me know ASAP that we "should just be friends." Lame. But I had the honor of paying for a nice meal out, then taking her home right away and not even getting a kiss because she "didn't feel that great." Even lamer. And I can't even say her name, as she is a blog fan. But you know who you are out there!!!
Date #2 was a blind date set up by the semi-crazy (in a good way) photographer from my sisters wedding. Long story short, I saw her at another wedding and we chatted, she found out I was single and wanted to set me up. Things started OK on the date, she was a cute redhead, but man, this girl would NOT shut up!!! I consider myself a talker, and I couldnt' get a word in. All I heard the whole time was "blah blah blah", and then she would wink to emphasize points, which is creepy and annoying. Well, my friends said to give her at least a second date, so I texted her a few days later, and what did she write back? NOTHING!!! B**ch, I didn't like you anyways, and now it looks like she has the upper hand. She did have really nice shoes, though.
Date #3 just happened last night, and it was random as well. I had to get a new badge at work, and it turns out the lady that does that is my best friend from HS Drew's (he lived next door to us and was the bass player in the David Cook Band) fiance's best friend from HS. To recap, her best friend from HS is engaged to my best friend from HS. Anyways, we had met before years ago and started talking on work IM, and actually went out. She seems cool and is beautiful (tall, skinny, dark curly hair, dark brown eyes), as well as having a loud laugh which I find makes her confident. The highlight of the night was us going to a dive bar for a post dinner drink, and the wasted lady next to her who may or may not have been homeless talking to her about masterbation and soap operas. Not joking. Hopefully we'll go out again, I'll keep you posted. **EDITORS NOTE** Date #3 (Courtney) is also good friends with a girl that works at Howl, who is dating my friend from HS/boss Jake. Small world. Also, in the post a few months back where I wore my volleyball medal out all night? It was Courtney's bday party that night at a swanky place, so that's why we went next door to drink and do oyster shooters. Even smaller world.

Alright kids, more updates to follow.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What is up with you and shoes?????
Interesting...

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;-) look at this emo boy hair on this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info