Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday Night

This past Saturday I met up with some work friends to take in a Royals game and then head to the Power and Light District (KC's new downtown entertainment area next to the Sprint Center).

The biggest thing about this game was it was the first ever game for Emerson Wood, who will surely be raised correctly by her father and will be a true blue Royals fan. Also, the reason for my awesome face in this photo is because the stranger who took the picture said "on three, say I'd rather be at a Yankee's game." I started booing. Jackass.
I was lucky enough to run in to Baseball Hall of Famer George Brett. He was nice enough to let my friends take a picture of us while toasting our beers.
Here's George and I with the gameday promotion, Budwieser/Royals umbrellas. The two awesome things about this was that I have never in my life owned an umbrella, and there was actually a two hour rain delay. We actually saw the top of the first, had a two hour rain delay, watched the bottom half of the inning, then we headed down to P&L.
We spent most of the evening at PBR's Big Sky, a county themed bar with an awesome live band that plays mostly country and 80's rock, and a mechanical bull. I usually don't go to bars that you have to wait in a line to get in and pay $4 a beer, but something about this place draws me in. Not sure what it is, but it might be that the beer girls pretty much only wear panties and leather chaps. There were a good 10 or so ladies running around in this get-up. And when two of them get on the mechanical bull and ride it together? Wow. All you gentlemen out there that don't live in KC, I think a road trip is in order. Click on the picture to enlarge.
On top of the ass-less chaps beer ladies, I also like going there because my good friend Heather A. is a bartender. Here she is doing some cheesy dance on top of the bar. And no, the bartenders don't have to wear chaps, although Heather has the body to pull it off.

3 comments:

Mommy K said...

You're so tacky and I love it!

Carrie said...

That's about right- we go innocently enough from baby's first baseball game to half naked girls in the same post! Only you, Matt!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to the skeptics Matt. Some of us desperately need this blog...so keep the tacky/half naked (completely naked is cool too) content coming.
PS- God bless you for that "behind picture".

Carl