Monday, May 26, 2008

DC: The Nationals Game

On my first full night in DC I decided to hit up the Nationals baseball game. After actually figuring out how to navigate the metro, I arrived and bought a ticket for myself. Nothing like sitting by yourself at an event with 30,000 other people. Actually I talked to a few people and pretty much just walked around the whole time and really did enjoy myself.

Here I am at the outfield bar before the game. I was enjoying a Leine's Summer Wheat beer and kept myself busy by talking on the phone to the sister as well as Lisa, my ex-fiance (yeah Lisa, I noticed that you changed it!). But I won't lie, it was kinda akward asking some stranger to take a picture of just me.
The main entrance to the stadium is actually in the ourfield, and here is a view of their scoreboard, which is still nothing compared to the new one at Kaufman in KC. I actually took the picture becuase when I walked in, the where showing a This Week In Baseball segment on the Royals. I was proud rocking my Royals hat and was the only person I saw all night in KC gear. Oh, and this was the same night the Red Sox no-hit the Royals. F*ck.
The stadium from the outfield bar (0k, so maybe I spent most of the game at the bar) after nightfall.
It isn't really easy to see, but here is a shot from of the outfield from the first base side with the Capital building in the background. Pretty cool. Oh, and to the left is the bar that I spent a bit of time in.
This wasn't at the game, but was an ad on the Metro on the way to the game. I took this picture for our friends the Zimmermans, because apparently they aren't the only crazy ones out there that don't eat meat or meat by-products. And really, why is they guy stroking his cock in the picture? HAHAHAHA, get it, the bird is a cock!!! On a side note, there was a black man that may or may not have been homeless sitting in the seat right next to this picture. He stared at me for a good minute or so with a look on his face that said "what the hell is this cracker doing taking a picture of the side of the wall?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Matty! Weird pic but cool message. Yay for veggies!

Mrs. Crazy Vegan Zimmerman

Anonymous said...

Thanks Matty! Weird pic but cool message. Yay for veggies!

Mrs. Crazy Vegan Zimmerman