Monday, May 26, 2008

DC: The Historical Stuff

My second to last day in DC I did the normal touristy stuff and saw the normal sights. Not much else to say, except for the fact that I walked my ass off (really, I got a rash), and everything was pretty cool. I must say thought that the grounds could have been better kept, most city parks have nicer grounds.

Here's the White House. I would make a George Bush joke here but the thought of him and his presidency isn't really something to joke about. Fark Bush. On that note, seeing some of these sights actually made me angry, seeing that at one point truly brave and wise people actually directed our country, and seeing memorials to the men and women who fought for actual causes, as opposed to the sh*t storm that is now. Sorry, I digress...

Washington Monument. Me and my friend Cartee want to start a band and call it Washington Monument and the Phallic Symbols. Not joking. Other names we want to use are Delicious Dish (an obscure SNL reference that I hope some of you will get), and Daytime Stripper. Think about it. But on a serious note, I kinda like how it's stormy in the background with the flags at the bottom. Kinda symbolic.
Lincoln Memorial from afar. Notice the duck at the bottom. There were actually some baby ducks behind her but I didn't get them.
Lincoln Memorial. Very impressive close up, it really is large (the same thing can be said about my c**k, but that's another story). Wow I'm mature...
Here is the Ohio monument in the WWII memorial. Of course I took this picture in rememberance of Grandpa Bill, he really would have loved it. I won't lie, I cried for the first time in well over a year while I was here, just thinking about him and how cool it would have been to visit all of this with him. Love and miss you Wild Bill!!!

1 comment:

Mommy K said...

I love that you went sight-seeing even though you were by yourself. Love the picture of the Ohio WWII memorial...you're right, Grandpa would have loved seeing it (and telling us stories about the war that we had already heard 25 times!) I miss that crazy guy!